Monday, November 22, 2010

Response to Alex Rigsby's blog, "Kool Aid Demonstration Eval"

I am writing a response to Alex Rigsby's blog post on Lori's kool aid demonstration. I first watched the video of Lori demonstrating on how to make kool aid. Right away she grabbed my attention, and I stayed in tuned for the whole video. She did a very good job of grabbing the attention of the audience and keeping them focused. She listed her steps, had all her ingredients out, and explained the purpose and meaning behind them.
After I was done watching the video, I thought to myself what I would say if I had to evaluate that myself and write about it. As I was done thinking, I looked at what Alex responded with. As I began reading it was almost identical to what I was thinking. Alex and I thought very much alike and had the same things to say on the negative and positive aspects of her speech. We both agreed that the beginning was very catchy, and that her steps were easy to follow and could be comprehended well. One thing that I did not like in her speech, was when she stuck her hand in the kool aid. I thought that it was very unprofessional and that no one should do that in a speech. Besides that fact, Alex and I agreed on the same concepts of her speech.
I enjoyed writing these blogs because it made me get to see different people doing different speeches and understand the importance of certain aspects someone has in a speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment