Sunday, October 31, 2010

"How to Speech"

        When I was deciding what I should do for my, "how to speech", I was thinking of all the things that interest me the most. My family, and hockey are my two most interesting topics in my life, and considering I could not really do a speech on my family, I decided to do one on hockey. I have been playing hockey since I have been four and it is something that has made me grow as a person. My speech was on how to put on hockey gear. I had one of my teammates dress in the gear and I explained each piece of equipment as I put the piece on her.
         Looking at my presentation, I wish I would have been more relaxed. I feel like I did not look at the audience enough, mainly because I was nervous. The information I gave was in depth and helpful on many levels. For people that do not understand the fundamentals and equipment in hockey, after listening to my presentation they will be more informed. I started with the under gear, and explained how wearing a long sleeve shirt under your gear protects your skin from reacting. Then, I started with the shin guards. The shin guards protect your shins from getting injured from a puck hitting them and hurting them. Then the socks come on, then the pants, which protect your butt and hips from getting injured if you fall on the ice. Then following is the shoulder pads, and then your elbow pads. All of these pads are mainly protecting the athletes body and making sure if they do fall that they will be protected.
I hope that after my speech people will know the importance of the hockey equipment, and that they know how to put the gear on properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment