Thursday, December 9, 2010

Response to Brits Blog

When I first started reading Brits blog, http://bmammermanlsc100f10.blogspot.com, I got hooked right away. She wrote about the same topic as I did, which was abortion. I thought that it would be really interesting to read and respond to hers because it gives me a chance to see and write about what others thoughts are on the topic. Brit had a different view than I did on abortion. We both connected it to ethics and medicine, but we discussed different options also.
In Brits blog she discussed how she knew someone that was in an organization for pro-choice and she explained why her choice, is pro- choice. She made good points and backed them up well. One of her points that I really looked into is the subject if a women gets rapped. When a women gets rapped and becomes pregnant, Brits blog talked about how she has the choice to get rid of the baby, and if she decides to get rid of the baby that is an okay decision. She backed that up with reasoning in that the women would have to look at that child every day and think back to what happened to her. So in a sense overtime when she would look at her child, she would get upset. In this case abortion may be okay in a sense, in my opinion. But still even after readying the article in Brits blog, I still believe that it is a life that is getting taken away and it is wrong. Life is precious and so many people would do anything to get their lives back, or the lives of their family members that they lost back.
I am very thankful that I was assigned this blog post because I not only got to explore and research my own opinion, but I was able to look at someones else's response to abortion, and their view on the whole topic. It opens up my mind to a variety of opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment